Problem with XP PRO? CD rom Drives?

By nick_simpson17
Nov 23, 2005
  1. I currently have a system in that the woman wanted upgrading to xp so I found a copy of pro installed it and now when i try to run an application from a cd rom in either drives it comes up with?

THIS IS NOT A VALID WIN32 APPLICATION! (When the program i am installing is)

Any ideas on how i can sort it?

Cheers NIck (ElitePC)
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

How did you install XP? was it a clean install? what hardware are you using? if it is an oder machine did you run the XP compaitability utility first?
  3. nick_simpson17

nick_simpson17 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Its running a

1. 1800+ AMD XP
    2. MSI 6238 MOBO
    3. 512DDR RAM
    4.20GIG HDD
    5. DVD ROM
    6. CD R/W

No compatibility test ran but it shoulnt be a problem as it was running xp originally its a long story! It has a windows home edition cd key on the back but the woman lost the windows cd!
  4. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

you could try running system file checker but you nees the XP cd to do it. if you find it put it in the cd rom and open a command prompt and type sfc /scannow
  5. nick_simpson17

nick_simpson17 TS Rookie Topic Starter

yeah ill try that tommorow to tired to do anything now but i still dont think thats the problem as i have tryed several diffrent copys of xp
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.