Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyker

My computer recently died, I had it on over night and the power went out, came back to the computer stuck on the windows loading screen, I restart it and try to get it running, it keeps stopping at the windows loading screen, So I try to reformat and it isn't working, I shut off the computer and leave it for a few hours, came back wasn't turning turn on at all, no powers,I bought a new power supply and just got done putting it in.

Now when I turn on the computer it powers up but nothing happens, I opened up and everything has power, but nothing on my moniter, and it dosnt sound like it use to, computer makes no attempt to read anything it seems like, just turns on thats it.

Anyone know what the deal is ?

What are your system specifications? If your VPU requires an additional power connector, have you attached that? Reseat your components and power/data cables and then try to boot. Try clearing your CMOS.

If you've gotten no where with that and your VPU uses an expansion slot, remove it and try it in another PC.

Zenosincks said:
What are your system specifications? If your VPU requires an additional power connector, have you attached that? Reseat your components and power/data cables and then try to boot. Try clearing your CMOS.

If you've gotten no where with that and your VPU uses an expansion slot, remove it and try it in another PC.

Dont know to much about computers myself here. So what all should I be doing. what all you need to know about it.

P4 2.81ghz
2gigs ddram
some Lanparty motherboard. 20pin

Tried another power supply, still blank moniter, powers up but no loading or attempting to load anything.

Tried a second harddrive but the computer started to freak and make beep noises

Cyker said:
Dont know to much about computers myself here. So what all should I be doing. what all you need to know about it.

Tried a second harddrive but the computer started to freak and make beep noises

Mmm, BIOS beeps are generally in reference to RAM or your video card. I would start by reseating them (or just your RAM if the video card is integrated), and clearing the CMOS.

By reseating, I mean remove them from their socket, and put them right back in.

To clear the CMOS you can use the jumper, or, just remove that battery on the motherboard for a little while and then put it back in.

Make sure that your new PSU and HDD are attached properly and entirely.

Computer is still the same, everything is powered, but still no loading and blank moniter

this blows....

Ok figured it out, Bent pins on my processor...now how do I figure out what new one will be...? Think I need to know the motheboard socket number, I would figure this out ?

You can try to carefully bend them back on your own, however, perhaps I've missed something but how the hell did they just get bent randomly?

Use a program such as CPU-Z or Everest to identify your motherboard's model, then go to the manufacturer's website and see what CPUs are supported.

Eh I think one of the times I was cleaning dust or any foreign anything in my case I took it out (attached to heatsink and fan) I guess will putting it in I bent two.

One came off completely, I pulled CPU from the fan and stuff.

Dang, you can never be to careful when it come to those pins..maybe I should just leave the thing alone for now on

Lol ! Oh btw thank you very much Zeno and everyone else on here, been on this site and each time I came, I have logged off my Laptop to a finally fixed Desktop haha.

Oh I got my motherboard (ha I actually learned alot this thread) modle number its the Lan Party 865PE, I guess.

Processor

Supports Intel Pentium 4 Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology
- 800MHz/533MHz system data bus
Supports Intel Pentium 4 Northwood Processor
- 533MHz/400Mhz system data bus
Supports Intel Celeron Northwood Processor
- 400MHz system data bus

HA!

I actually understand this a little bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back