Problems installing graphic card driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been swapping back and forth between OS, and ended up on Vista Ultimate. Now, when I installed Ultimate, it appeared that my previous XP version was not uninstalled and nothing was formatted. That was fine. I could live with that.
Now, this morning I thought I should reinstall my graphics driver because my graphics were bugging out. Then I got an error message saying that my OS wasn't Vista at all even though I was in Vista. "Well" I thought and figured I should install the XP driver and I was told the exact same thing with that driver. Now I'm not very good with computers and such and as if everything hadn't gone wrong already my mate that fixes my computer left for gran canaria this morning. YAY is the proper term I guess... Figured I'd give it a shot here. Now, I have a graphic driver installed, but when I open up WoW which is the game I play the most, it runs smoothly, but everything is shown except the people. That means the NPCs, pets and shapeshifted classes appear properly (for you that play wow:)), but I can't see myself or any other players except the shapeshifted ones.

I don't know if you need any specs but please let me know if you do. Hopefully I can get this sorted without waiting for my mate to return sometime next week. When he does, I will have the computer fully formatted and reinstall Vista. I'm not 100% sure how this can go smooth for me as a man with close to no experience with these things:)

edit: I tried launching Counter Strike: Source, but that wont launch at all.

Best Regards,
Cox

Hold down the windows button on your keyboard and press R
in the box type - dxdiag

After it loads click Save all information -> navigate to a folder that is easy to find, and Save. Attach the file here by clicking the paperclip icon above your reply and navigating to the folder that you saved it in. This will give us the specs that are needed

Allright, I've done it. I got an error message saying Error: Problem getting extra sound info. Thought I'd include that:) Anyway, here's the file.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    47.2 KB · Views: 8
k,

First you need to go to the manufacturer of your motherboards website and look for a section that says support and downloads -> after putting in your exact motherboard information -> select chipset drivers -> download and install. Also need to get the audio drivers if on board sound not sound card

Next, it looks like you have a 32bit vista OS and have installed the 64bit forceware drivers. Please uninstall you Nvidia drivers and reinstall through Nvidia's website selected the 32bit version.

Third, Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor -> Look up the manufacturer of your monitor and install the correct drivers for 32bit vista

let me know if that does it

I'm going to head out for a sec. If you could roughly explain how I can figure out how to access this information? As I've said, I have close to no experience with these things. Hope it's not too much to ask:) I really want to get this fixed as soon as possible and I hope it is possible:)

bump for extra fast help:)
If anyone can roughly explain how i do this:

First you need to go to the manufacturer of your motherboards website and look for a section that says support and downloads -> after putting in your exact motherboard information -> select chipset drivers -> download and install. Also need to get the audio drivers if on board sound not sound card

Next, it looks like you have a 32bit vista OS and have installed the 64bit forceware drivers. Please uninstall you Nvidia drivers and reinstall through Nvidia's website selected the 32bit version.

Third, Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor -> Look up the manufacturer of your monitor and install the correct drivers for 32bit vista

edit:
I've downloaded a few programs that shows your motherboard etc, and it appears that it is an acer motherboard. Now, I have an acer computer (acer aspire 7520), and I can download the chipset from acer's support site. I've done this a few times but It does not solve the problem. As for the graphic card driver, that should be on the same site or with the same chipset package, I'm not sure. But I can't find anything else. Still not working though, and Acer demands that you download drivers to acer computers via their support site. I'm really unsure what to do next.

There are 2 different models. And if you have very limited knowledge of computers, your best bet is to contact ACER customer support. Here is the link for all your drivers. I would suggest contacting the company though to make sure you get the correct drivers for what I specified. Nvidia doesn't support your graphics card drivers as the company has changed the card for their build. So you have to get the display adapter driver from ACER but it is not listed on their download page. Below I am posting what your Monitor driver and your chipset driver -> I would first try just updating the monitors' driver. Because as of right now you have a generic windows driver installed. If the problem persist -> ask ACER specifically What chipset drivers to use they have multiple drivers listed for your computer.

>http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/AcerDrivers/Aspire 7720.pdf?CFID=6575029&CFTOKEN=77421771

nVidia VGA Driver v101.54
Windows Vista
VGA_NVIDIA_v101.54_Vista.zip

Chipset MCP67M 1313
Windows Vista x64
Chipset_MCP67M_1313_vista_x64_x86.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back