Problems Installing SATA Drivers onto a Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first post, so be gentle.

I'm having problems with my computer and it seems to be stemming from the fact that my motherboard (Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe) Doesn't like talking to you my SATA harddrive. Here is my story:

I was attempting to format my harddrive to get a clean start and I loaded my window's setup disk into my computer, set the bios to boot from CD and began the process. However after the install program had loaded it said it could not find any harddrive on my system. I left the install program and returned to windows and started searching the internet for help.

After looking for a while I found that I needed to load the SATA support files (drivers, txtsetup.oem, si3112.sys etc.) onto a floppy and press f6 at the beginning of the windows setup so that it could load the necessary drivers to see my drive. I did so and it found my drive, huzzah.

However after that I got error messages saying that it could not copy the drivers to the new harddrive. I went ahead with installation anyway (mistake) and to my dismay found that it apparently never loaded any support for my harddrive. It just loaded to a 0x0000007b error.

Anyway so I went back to the internet (other people have had similar problems) and found that I might have old drivers. I formated my disc and loaded up the new drivers. How when I tell the windows text setup program to read my disk I get:

File txtsetup.oem caused an unexpected error (32768) at line 1742 in d:\xpsp1\base\boot\setpup\oemdisk.c.

and now I'm stuck. Please help me. Do you need more info? Anything!?!

~Anthony

Try downloading another copy of this file. It could be either the download was corrupted or the files from where you got them were bad to begin with. A good option would be to seek out a new source for the drivers and download them form there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back