Problems More Common with Media Center Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raybay

We see, in our repair shops, significantly more problems, sometimes unresolvable, with high end computers running Windows Media Center Edition - both Windows XP and VISTA.
Doesn't seem to matter whether high end Sony, HP, or Dell... All under warranty, we have sent four HP's back to Irving Texas. Same with Sony and Dell.
Is this simply our imagination, or do others on this forum have difficult troubles with systems installed with Media Center Edition? The list of difficulties is a long one... but usually amounts to a computer that quits suddenly and forever.
Haven't found many references to the problems on this forum, so perhaps it is our imaginations.

I ran XP MCE for a while on a computer I did use as a DVR, I don't remember any real problems with it.

But the RC1 of Windows 7 broke compatibility with my hauppauge PVR-250 card. Worked in the betas, not in the RC. Video works, but no audio.

I have had to reinstall a lot of media centre PC's (the users never have their disks either), so we often have to give them XP Pro instead

I find it's more OS issues rather then hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back