Problems running BF2 and Heros V

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedimaster1089

Ok I know that the computer that I'm trying to play it on is perfectly capable of playing Battlefield 2 and Heros V because my older brother, who use to use this computer, ran them on it. However, he recently completely wiped the hard drive and I just re installed windows using my Dell windows disc on my brother's HP printer.

The Battlefield game will boot up but then the screen will go black and the game will close.

With Heros it starts up the game and then has a error message but doen't say the error message.

Now is this a error with not having the right drivers, a error with Windows, or something else.?

Thank you in advance.

You are missing Drivers. Drivers are software that lets the windows communicate and use correctly the harware of the computer.

If the computer is a home built PC then the motherboard and Video Card should have come with a driver CD. However if you can't find these CDs then you can go online and download them. For this you would need to know what kind of video card you have. And what motherboard you have.

On the other hand if you have a pre built computer it should have also come with a driver CD. If you also lost CD you can go online and get the drivers off the internet.

Its a prebuilt computer but its an upgraded graphics card.

Its an ATI Radeon x1600 pro but I found the drivers for it but they won't let me install cause I'm missing .NET Framesomething which need windows installer 3.0 which I can't get because I have a counterfeit copy of windows according to the website o I'm going to go buy a new copyu of windows and then I'll be set.

Thanks for all the help.

Make sure to upgrade to the latest drivers for your card and the latest patches for Battlefield 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back