TechSpot

Problems viewing photos

By SatinRouge
Sep 12, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot here.

I've been having problems with myspace (I know no big surprise), I haven't been able to see any photos on that site for a few weeks now....all I see are boxes with an X.... I can see photos/pics on other sites, I've deleted cookies, emptied caches, tried other browsers, Firefox, Netscape and I.E. (downloaded latest version too).

Myspace isn't a big deal to me, I use it for music only. I'm just puzzled as to why I have this problem.

Hope someone can help
    Thanks
    Maryse
  2. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,083

Make sure you have flash player 8 and windows media player 10. Also update java.
  3. SatinRouge

SatinRouge TS Rookie Topic Starter

Checked all that

Hi twite......I have Flash Player 9........Windows media player 10.....and Java Version 5.0 Update 6 .
  4. SatinRouge

SatinRouge TS Rookie Topic Starter

Myspace photo prob. solved

Glad to report that my problem is solved.......turned out that it was a setting on my Blue Coat K9 Web Protector..someone from allexperts.com had asked me to right click on an X in any of the boxes I was seeing rather then a photo..then click on show picture.....when I did that is when my K9 asked me what I wanted to do with this....obviously the first time I used myspace after installing K9 and it popped up I had picked the wrong option on what to do with myspace.:)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.