Problems with an Acer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I got my laptop (travelmate 4000 model) for 2,5 years now, had it send back to the factory for repairs last week cause the adapter died (no more power) and the laptop turned off every time I opened the screen further then 95° or so..

Anyway, I got it back, said they replaced the motherboard among some other things. Got a few graphic card errors (jumping back to 640*480 res with very limited colors) so decided to reformat.
Things worked fine till I tried playing a game.. The laptop hangs after 5-30 seconds every time, sometimes a BSoD saying ati2dvag has an infinite loop error. Sometimes it just goes black and I have to reboot manually but the fault is still noted in the logfiles.. few seconds after it also gives a system error 102 category 1003.

I know this is a pretty common problem apparently, but none of the suggestions google gave me solved it. I tried omega drivers, same thing, so I switched back to the old ones at the acer site. It does say that mass storage controller driver isn't updated, does it have something to do with my chipset drivers from the acer site that aren't correct anymore due to the new motherboard?

After 2 days of trying different stuff I'm thinking about sending it back to the factory again but I got exams coming up pretty soon and it seems more of a driver issue thing then a hardware problem.

I installed EVEREST to see what motherboard I actually have now. The chipset is a Intel Montara-GM+ i855GME (think that's the one I have to be looking at?) but every download from the intel site from identification util till those drivers give me an error saying it doesn't work on my laptop..

Any suggestions/help? I know it's _just_ games but nevertheless, I didn't pay to get a laptop that only works for 80%.. :)

forgot to mention it apparently, got an ati mobility radeon 9700

hey im using same laptop, acer 4003LMi.

My advice : recover your windows, uninstall all ati realted program, and install ati catalyst mobility 7.1 you should have no problem using latest drivers.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back