TechSpot

Problems with codec

By jowki91
May 1, 2008
  1. Hi. Just got my new graphic card, Asus EAH3850.

Got a little problem though. Whenever i try to watch a movie on the computer, there's a light green colour all over the video screen. Makes it hard to see. A friend of me told me that i had to reinstall the codec's, but tbh i have no idea how to do this. Could anyone tell me how :) Would be great!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

The codecs are part of the video driver. Go to the Asus support website and download and install the latest video driver for your model video card and Operating System

3. jowki91

jowki91 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok. I'll try and see if it helps. Thanks mate!

4. jowki91

jowki91 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Tried downloading the latest driver now, but still got the problem. Green colour all over the screen where i watch the movie. Happens with VLC, Windows Media Player also when i try to watch movies on the internet with both Opera and Internett explorer. Anyone know what the problem might be? :)

5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

The video card may be defective

6. tweakboy

tweakboy TS Guru Posts: 467

Just install K Lite codec pack and your set... google her in,, thx,,,gl,

7. davinci83

davinci83 TS Rookie

yeah, i also don't think it's a codec problem (video codecs have nothing to do with the graphics card manufacturer)

i'd say either your monitor isn't calibrated with your new graphics card, or the card itself is defective.

you might want to try modifying the color settings in your catalyst control center

open ccc
    go to avivo video
    then either basic color or advanced color

play with the settings, and see if the video picture gets better

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.