Problems with codec

Status
Not open for further replies.

jowki91

Hi. Just got my new graphic card, Asus EAH3850.

Got a little problem though. Whenever i try to watch a movie on the computer, there's a light green colour all over the video screen. Makes it hard to see. A friend of me told me that i had to reinstall the codec's, but tbh i have no idea how to do this. Could anyone tell me how :) Would be great!

The codecs are part of the video driver. Go to the Asus support website and download and install the latest video driver for your model video card and Operating System

Tried downloading the latest driver now, but still got the problem. Green colour all over the screen where i watch the movie. Happens with VLC, Windows Media Player also when i try to watch movies on the internet with both Opera and Internett explorer. Anyone know what the problem might be? :)

yeah, i also don't think it's a codec problem (video codecs have nothing to do with the graphics card manufacturer)

i'd say either your monitor isn't calibrated with your new graphics card, or the card itself is defective.

you might want to try modifying the color settings in your catalyst control center

open ccc
go to avivo video
then either basic color or advanced color

play with the settings, and see if the video picture gets better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back