Problems with Geforce 5600

Status
Not open for further replies.

URANium238

Ok, after reinstalling my computer, something has gone totally wrong with the graphics card. I first saw it when I installed Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Then, after messing with a lot of graphics settings it has gone away. But I can't do anything with Heroes 5. This happens while using the 2x antialiasing setting. I don't want to use the high antialiasing option (too slow), and I don't want the 'off' setting (eek). Those two work ok. I can't explain the problem, so I just took a shot of it.

Things I've tried:
Uninstalling and then installing the driver again. (Latest Forceware)
Reinstalling the game.

System specs:

Abit IS7-E mobo
Pentium IV 2.4GHz w/HT
Leadtek Winfast A310 TD 256MB graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 5600)
LG Flatronez T910BU CRT monitor

The photo:

It could be overheating. Check if your card has a fan on it, and check if it spins. Clean all the dust.

Also, there could be a compatibility problem between the game and card. Download if you find it the latest patch for the game.

Good luck!

hi,

Download Patches for the game. Also make sure you download ALL the latest drivers for your card, BIOS etc too. As wolfram said, check that it is not overheating. Also there may be some settings in the game that need changing though I am not sure since I have never played Heroes 5.

Good luck.

Regards,

Korrupt

I downloaded the patches and drivers but this thing doesn't go away. Please pay attention that this started to happen after complete system wipe and it doesn't happen on high antialiasing setting. The GPU core is always somewhere at 70 degrees Celsius, I was thinking it was quite hot, but the "core slowdown threshold" is set at somewhere 130 degrees (not on my computer right now, can't check).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back