TechSpot

Problems with mouse pointer.

By lixman
Sep 3, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. one question that comes to mind today is how do i get my cursor to settle down just a little when for example i need to select specific characters or words for cut paste. the thing keeps running off at the pointer so to say. are there settings for that!
  2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Rookie Posts: 2,407   +6

Go to start, run, type in main.cpl and press enter.

That will give you the mouse properties, where you can tweak settings to find what works best for you.

If nothing else works, you may need a more accurate mouse.

Regards :)
  3. matav

matav TS Enthusiast Posts: 174

:confused:
    didnt understand you, wat r u trying to say?
    especially here:
  4. lixman

lixman TS Rookie Topic Starter

mouse functions

my microsoft ps/2 mouse isn't working right. when i select for cut and paste (while editing type) the selected part unselects before i can copy or cut. selection is very hard to control. i can't select the part i want. maybe there are some settings that need to be set up better. auto complete? i don't recall where to look. mouse properties isn't doing it at all so far. thanks...
  5. matav

matav TS Enthusiast Posts: 174

wierd...:suspiciou
    :rolleyes: maybe you need to check ur click-lock settings in mouse options:confused:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.