TechSpot

Problems with multicolors on Counter-strike: Source

By smetremont
Nov 23, 2007
  1. When I play Counter-strike: Source the players, guns, and some stuff on some maps are multicolored. I dont know what the problem is and if someone could tell me that would help alot. I have a sis 760 graphics card and if i need to download something for it please post the site as well. Thank You.

2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

you are using integrated graphics which doesn't help but if you could post a print screen picture then it would help me help you better

press the print screen key then open Paint and paste the picture, save it, and upload it as an attachment

3. smetremont

smetremont TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

ok ill get on there and get one for you and thank you

4. smetremont

im having some trouble with the pic so hold on

5. smetremont

when i paste th picture in paint it becomes dark and wen i make it lighter you cant see the multi colors.....

6. Daveskater

please use the Edit button if you want to add new information instead of posting a new reply when there are no new posts

if pressing "Prt Scr" and then doing Edit > Paste in paint doesn't work for you then take a photo of the screen with a digital camera if you have one

7. smetremont

ok see if this helps cs problem.JPG

8. Daveskater

ahh i see now

try reinstalling the game or downloading the latest drivers for your graphics

if that doesn't help then getting a proper graphics card may help

9. smetremont

do you have any idea were to find the latest version?

10. Daveskater

go to sis.com, then go on the downloads section and find your drivers

11. smetremont

ok thank you so much i think i might have found it ill post here if i have problems thanks again

12. Daveskater

no problem mate, let me know if it fixes it or not

13. smetremont

i downloaded a new version and it still is multicolor do i neeed to mess wotht he video setting or what. thanks again

14. Daveskater

there's a couple of things i'd like to know first before you play with settings
    1) have you put the latest patches on if there are any?
    2) has it always looked like this or did it just start recently?

15. smetremont

I havent put any patches on that i know of and i dont know if there are any or not is there a way to find out? Also ever scince i fixed the screen going black problem it was like that but the screen going black problem i had from the first time i tryed to play so really yes it has always been like that.

16. Daveskater

you can go to gamespot.com and find patches or go to the valve site and see if there are any patches there

it may be worth reinstalling if it has always looked like this, it wouldn't really hurt if you did ;)

17. smetremont

18. Daveskater

it doesn't seem that there are any patches but the fusion pack might help, although do keep in mind it's only a beta 1 so it's not a finished version

19. smetremont

20. Daveskater

that might help you, it does say that it replaces the skins etc with better ones. have you tried reinstalling the game yet? that could be all you need

21. smetremont

o yea! lol ill try that first then that also do you think that safe to download

22. Daveskater

it looks ok to me, i've never had any problems with filefront before and it's had quite a few downloads :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.