Problems with my tv tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

swker98

I resnetly reseved a hapuage wintv radio tuner, has both tv and radio inputs, i put it in my pci slot boot up and the add new hardware thing didnt come up, so i install the drivers manually for hapuages web site and now i got all the prorgames for tv and radio installed and i eather click on the radio or tv thing so i can listin or watch tv and i get the "can not locate capture filter (Hapuage wintv capture") i tried t drivers and it wont work, im stummped

i find it real strange that the add new hardware wizaered does not come up on boot up, and the card was really hard to install, i didnt want to use to much force,

it put up the most restince ive ever felt, i thoguht the motherbored was gonna break, it requeres no extra power as far as i can see

i need some help, thanks

Is it showing up in Device Manager? If not, try it in another slot. If that doesnt work, the card is bad. But, some devices need the drivers installed before the device is installed.

vegasgmc said:
Is it showing up in Device Manager? If not, try it in another slot. If that doesnt work, the card is bad. But, some devices need the drivers installed before the device is installed.
It shows up as Happauge88x dvb tv tuner demod but its got the dreded yellow explantionmark next to it and has error code "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" EDIT: i think it only said this because i added it in add new hardware, now iremoved it and it cant find it, i tihnk im looknig at a defected card

i got the readings off the chip and went to the site and itstalled the right ones

I tried both slots

and in all the manuals ive read for the card says that windows add new hardware is suspto come up
ive contached happuage via email and ill wait, otherwise if i cant get it working ill sent it to newegg for replacmetnt

thanks for your responce and your time
And MERRY CHRISTMAS

i think its back to newegg with it then, but i got it 31 days ago and just recieved it for christmas, i hope they will exept a 2 day late rma,

and does anyone know offhand if hauppauge offers any standered warntee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back