Problems with New ATi Radeon Card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I've been having some problems with my new ATi Radeon 9100 card. I am running Windows ME, PC specs in my signature....

Whilst playing Unreal Tournament 2003, every 7 seconds there is a slight 'jolt' in the game...its hard to describe....like the game freezes for about 1/2 second EVERY 7 seconds....even in the game menu. :confused:

I did not have this problem when using my previous card, ATi Radeon 7000 VE.
I have the latest drivers installed. I thought it may be a Directx3d problem so I tried running the game in OpenGL mode. However my card does not officially support OpenGL mode so no luck.

It may be a refresh rate problem but as I have tried the game using all available refresh rates there is still no luck.
I tried putting the graphics/detail to minimum specs...I still get the problem....

ANY help would be appreciated as I have posed this question on a couple other boards with no response.

Do I need to give you any more information?

Thanks in Advance

Dodgycrap

if you mean by latest drivers the 3.6 catalysts did you read the info that was posted at ati's web site for people downloading the 3.6 cats for 9100 video cards? I didnt read it myself since I dont have a 9100 but I distinctly rmember there being something about a need to read a document concerning the 9100 cards and the 3.6 cats.

Actually, THANK YOU iss, I re-read that article and now realised that I can enable OpenGl mode!! Now my games run fine.
Thank you again iss......i've had this problem for about 2 weeks since I got my card. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back