Problems with nVidia GeForce 7300 LE and Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two days ago I staarted having a problem with my graphics adapter. Firstly, Windows Vista sent up a message that there was aproblem with the graphics adapter and that the driver needed to be updated. I went to the NVIDIA website and downloaded the most recent update for the driver. That's when the problems really started. Now my system will not reboot unless I disable the graphics adapter, when I restart the first screen has rde vertical lines right across the screes, and the text in the second screen is all garbled and there are intermittent columns of dollar signs ($). In addition, I am unable to roll back the driver and Windows System Restore is not working for some reason. I have tried un-installing and re-installing the original driver but to no avail. DELL suggests that I do a PC restore but I would prefer not to have to re-install all my software etc.. Can anyone help?

That happened to me after installed some of the newest drivers [7300 LE as well] try downgrading your drivers.... or if u feel lucky try some of the beta ones.

Hi, sorry to deliver this news but your video card has breathed it last breath, shown its last clear image, bought the farm, died. You'll need to purchase another video card to get your computer to work. Everything you mentioned is indicative of a spent video card and no amount of driver swapping will revive it. Before you buy a new card I'd recommend you uninstall any video driver you have installed in preparation for your new card. If you play video games I'd buy at least an 8800GT or the AMD equivalent.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/169937-33-short-list-gaming-videocards-money

The above link is here to help you make your new video card decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back