Problems with Programs like Alcohol 120%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haseo

I'm rather new to these forums, considering the fact that I just finished making my account about...Ten minutes ago or so? Anyway... Problem is as such, Whenever I try to install Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools, and the like, I get a message that says to "Restart my computer to finish installation" Alright, fine. I restart, and then nothing. I click the installation icon again, and again, "Restart your computer to finish installation" It never goes through completely.

I've never had this problem before, I used to use Alcohol 120% on my PC With no problems, and now when I try to install it... It just doesn't work.

Could the fact that I rebooted my system to its original settings have something to do with it?

I am running Windows Vista, but there was never a problem before... (And I'm not asking for flames against my Operating System, just a helping hand, please.)

So if anyone's got any ideas for me, please feel more than free to let me know, I'll be waiting.

~ Haseo

Well, I used to use AVG before I rebooted, and now it's just back to whatever Windows gives me, which I'm pretty sure is Windows Defender or something.

And there can't be a registry problem, when I rebooted I reinstalled the WHOLE operating system, and partitioned my hard drives, so everything returned to factory settings...

^^; I've got it! Maybe I should just boot my machine in Safe Mode, and then try to run the installer! That apparently worked on my friends machine when he bought Fraps, so I might as well try it out! I'll leave feedback if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back