Problems with Programs like Alcohol 120%

By Haseo
Dec 1, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm rather new to these forums, considering the fact that I just finished making my account about...Ten minutes ago or so? Anyway... Problem is as such, Whenever I try to install Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools, and the like, I get a message that says to "Restart my computer to finish installation" Alright, fine. I restart, and then nothing. I click the installation icon again, and again, "Restart your computer to finish installation" It never goes through completely.

I've never had this problem before, I used to use Alcohol 120% on my PC With no problems, and now when I try to install it... It just doesn't work.

Could the fact that I rebooted my system to its original settings have something to do with it?

I am running Windows Vista, but there was never a problem before... (And I'm not asking for flames against my Operating System, just a helping hand, please.)

So if anyone's got any ideas for me, please feel more than free to let me know, I'll be waiting.

~ Haseo
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Its possible your pc is infected. What protection software do you use?
  3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,280   +23

I think there's probably a registry entry corrupted somewhere. Dunno how to fix it though.
  4. Haseo

Haseo Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Well, I used to use AVG before I rebooted, and now it's just back to whatever Windows gives me, which I'm pretty sure is Windows Defender or something.

And there can't be a registry problem, when I rebooted I reinstalled the WHOLE operating system, and partitioned my hard drives, so everything returned to factory settings...
  5. Haseo

Haseo Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

^^; I've got it! Maybe I should just boot my machine in Safe Mode, and then try to run the installer! That apparently worked on my friends machine when he bought Fraps, so I might as well try it out! I'll leave feedback if it works.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.