Program being blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan1983

Hey guys, i have a few poker programs that i think are java-based. They are all part of the prima network (same network). Other programs from other networks are still running fine.

Anyway, theyw ere running fine until a few weeks ago. For no reason i could think of, all of the similar softwares, when started, give me the connection tab like usual, then when they connect it says "loading graphics", then when its about to start, i get the program frame but nothing inside then half a second later it just disappears on its own.

Like when it connects it disappears. Like something is blocking it. I contacted support and theyve been evry helpful but nothing seemed to work:

I have windows firewall turned off, but have the program listed with the exceptions anyway.

I have norton worm protection on, but even when i turn it off it doesnt work.

I have popup blocker turned off (IE's one), and dont have any others that i know of.

I ran adaware and spybot, i deleted cookies and offline content, ran cccleaner, unisntalled and reinstalled several times and still nothing :(

Same problem. And i really cant think of why it would suddenly happen.

I have updated java and have directx 9.0c. Got 1 Gb of ram and 3.0GHZ CPU.

I ran "immunize" from spybot a while back, could that have been the problem?

Any way i could check to see whats happening to block it?

Thanks for your help.

You can always undo the Spybot immunisation and see. Mind you, if Spybot blocked these games, then it was for a good reason and you should find some other place to play..

Tried the undo immunization, program still didnt work :(

Any other suggestions as to what could be causing the problem?

find out how big your HOST file is:

C:\>dir \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​
if it's more than 15-20 bytes, then you have some access controls listed in it
designed to inhibit access to known sites with virus/trojan software --
a great many of these are POKER and social meeting sites.

the contents of the host file look like

domain-name ip-address​
and the filtered sites ALL have addresses of 127.0.0.1 to make the filter work.

look for your site therein

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Thanks guys.

jobeard that hosts file was only 1 kb. Couldnt figure out how 2 open it to see anything in it if there was any.

The Gaming club poker support told em to update my activex (which i did), saying it was a activex control application. Fiddled around in Internet explorer settings, tried the enable disable buttons for the activeX options but didnt work (could that be relevant?). I also have gaming club as one of my trusted publishers if that makes a difference.

Anyway, howard thx for replying. heres my HJT log file: (i just did a regular scan while in normal mode right? didnt go in safe mode and stuff like when i posted about a virus a while back?)

Your HJT log is clean, except for the poker programmes themselves, which are a potential security risk, dump adware on your system and can be targeted by a trojan rootkit.

Go HERE and follow the instructions in step12 of post#2. Post the resulting Combofix log.

Regards Howard :)

Combofix has removed the purity scan infection from your system. I wonder what else is lurking on your computer.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of alan1983 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back