Program Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiCubs05

my computer recently recovered from a BSOD which i believe was from a bad stick of memory. ever since then random programs have been crashing, strictly dvd applications. Nero and DVD Shrink crash whenever opened and give no error report. i am using the latest version of both of these, and there is no virus or spyware on my computer, using mcafee enterprise and ad aware pro.

i dont have any error reports to show so hopefully that is enough description!

no i also meant to run a MemTest but whenever i put in the boot cd and restart my computer nothing comes up. how do i run a check disk?

~Tthree methods here below, the choice is yours: but Last method is more effective i think.

1) Open my computer and rightclick on the drive you want to check, select properties> Tools> Check Now> tick automatically fix errors. and start.

repeat same steps for each drive on your system.

2) got Start> Run> type chkdsk c: /f click OK or press return.
answer yes to run at bootime if you are prompted.

repeat same steps for each drive on your system by typing the appropriate drive letter ( chkdsk d: etc..)

if you want to see scan results then Goto start> run> type cmd press enter. when the command window opens type chkdsk c: /f.

3) You will need to know the Administrator's Password for this method.
Boot from your Xp cd, at the first screen press r
select your windows installation py pressing the number (its 1 if you are only running version of windows 2000/xp)
when prompted! enter the Administrator's password
and when you get the "C:\windows>" prompt type chkdsk /p then press enter. when the disk check has finished type exit and your system will reboot. remove the disk from the drive.

Keep us updated if you can please.

~Tthree methods here below, the choice is yours: but Last method is more effective i think.

1) Open my computer and rightclick on the drive you want to check, select properties> Tools> Check Now> tick automatically fix errors. and start.

repeat same steps for each drive on your system.

2) got Start> Run> type chkdsk c: /f click OK or press return.
answer yes to run at bootime if you are prompted.

repeat same steps for each drive on your system by typing the appropriate drive letter ( chkdsk d: etc..)

if you want to see scan results then Goto start> run> type cmd press enter. when the command window opens type chkdsk c: /f.

3) You will need to know the Administrator's Password for this method.
Boot from your Xp cd, at the first screen press r
select your windows installation py pressing the number (its 1 if you are only running version of windows 2000/xp)
when prompted! enter the Administrator's password
and when you get the "C:\windows>" prompt! type chkdsk C: /p then press enter.

check each drive on your system by typing the drive letter for each drive instead of C:
When the disk check has finished type exit and your system will reboot. remove the disk from the drive.

Keep us updated if you can please.

i went through the first method, and it said no errors were found. the dvd shrink error occurs right after i analyze the disk im trying to backup (Annapolis...great movie btw :) ) i used AnyDVD to remove protetion, the analyzed it, and when i click backup it closes after a few seconds.

any solutions? all my settings are right on DvdShrink, so im not quite sure what the problem is

Now i understand whats going on with your system.

Its that anydvd software, uninstall it. shutdown and restart your system.

I know you want to use it to copy protected cd/dvd. you probably set it to strip too many functions. and thats what is affection your dc/dvd drives.

unfortunately because of the nature of that software i cannot give you instructions on setting it up.

but letus know if you get your system back to normal.

regards, pcaceit

that did not work, program still closes when i select backup...tried searching on the internet but nothing comes up... blah

Uninstall the offending programs shutdown, restart and install them again, if that dos'nt cure then anydvd has caused your atapi system to become corrupted and i really cant think of or remember a way to fix other than performing a repair install of windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back