"Program".exe bad image - printinfo.dll

By Meltboy
Oct 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hey recently my laptop has started to come up with a message telling me I have a bad image.
    It tells me:
    "C:\Windows\System32\printinfo.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

My laptop didn't come with a vista disk and instead uses the D drive as "recovery".

It comes up with this message when ever I try to run or open anything. It also appears before my laptop properly starts up.

I have to repeatedly click ok to make the boxes go away, but they will return whenever I try to open or run anything.

How do I fix this?
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,286   +281

see this KB

On my XP, that file does not exist - - what OS are you running?
  3. Roy Fuerherm

Roy Fuerherm Newcomer, in training

Meltboy,

I have had the printinfo.dll error happen on every program startup for at least 1.5 years. Did you ever find an answer??? I have to click dozens of times to get rid of the messages on startup. Roy Fuerherm

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.