PROTECT YOUR WINDOWS TO THE MAX. I am not ****ting you. You can protect windows fully

Status
Not open for further replies.

xero

Ok its time to share some knowledge with the users on this forum how they can protect their computer from ALL spyware/malicious programs.

The post isnt ready yet.... but it will cover the most important tips and tricks and security precautions you should take right from the beginning when you installed a fresh copy of any NT based os. If you take these steps your computer will stand ground for a long long long time against windows based attacks.

Topics i will cover are group policy editor (defines settings for all users/computer which cant be overriden easily), administrator approved controls, binary application behaviour, firewall rules, explorer add-ins (toolbars), iexplore add-ins (activeX and Java security), iexplore security zones, email, antivirus/antispyware programs. Registry tweaks. Lockdown. Baseline security analyzer. Hardware router, why you should get one. What you should open and what you shouldnt open. Running internet explorer/outlook express in a guest security context while you are logged in as a "normal" administrator user (tip!). Auto spam detection and removal. And simple incremental system state backup solutions that run in the background when computer is idle and this one wont cost you much disk space.

Visit back within a few days.... It costs much time trying to write it in such a way so that everyone will understand it.

Then you're in the wrong forum. The security forum is more appropriate.

Just as it happens, there is such a post already in the "Security and the Web" forum stickied at the top of the first page offering the most basic points :D.

For the more technical people wishing to take it further, the post links to the techspot guide on securing windows which goes into reasonable depth. It may be worth your time to read the forums before writing long and time-consuming guides on things to see what's already there and what you can add to it :)

Well i needed to write the document anyways... for my work. I will nevertheless have a look at the security forums and will post missing important issues there. Thanks spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back