TechSpot

PS2 LAN setup HELP please

By C8V6C
Feb 27, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I cant get my PS2s connected for GT4 via lan...

We have 2 ps2s, 2 games, router, cables, etc

Is there a certain way the ps2 has to be set up....or gt4 options for it to work?

I get to the "waiting for others" screen, but never advances after that
  2. ripken204

ripken204 TS Rookie Posts: 315

maybe ur router doesnt support that, i know for xbox some routers dont allow you to, try getting and ethernet cross-over cable. that will allow you to hook up the 2 ps2's directly to eachother.
  3. C8V6C

C8V6C TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ethernet crossover cable? That has been shown to work for gt4? I have no idea....but if that does work, ill just do that

The router seems like it works....but then when it tries to intialize, the screen sits idle, and I have to cancel......
  4. C8V6C

C8V6C TS Rookie Topic Starter

I even set it up to the internet to make sure everything is a ok.....i guess to see if the router works or something....

The setup is fine....the isp is found, even though i set up a LAN setting..

And i try to mess with gt4 options....but no luck

There is always the connection....then it sits at the "waiting" screen for as long as i allow it before I cancel the connection
  5. ripken204

ripken204 TS Rookie Posts: 315

also have u ever tried to connect to the internet for gaming through that router, if u are able to then i most likely is not ur router
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.