TechSpot

PS2 Memory Card 2 Corrupted Data Problem HELP!!!!!!

By Vader
Jul 25, 2005
  1. I had just finished playing Gran Turismo 4 and saving it. I decided to see the memory card browser when I saw corrupted data and I couldn't find my GT4 data of course I panicked. I then when into the game and it told me the game data was corrupted. It then asked if I wanted to create a new save and overwrite the corrupted data but everytime the game tried to delete the corrupted data it said it failed to delete it. I then tried delete it manually on the browser but again it failed. Now the game wont let me play without first deleting the corrupted data. Please help what should I do. I had 65.0% complete on the game.

2. Marauder

Marauder TS Rookie

This problem just happened to my friend yesterday! Does anyone know if there is a way to get the info on the card back? I'm at 93% and ever since GT1 I've always kept a copy memory card just in case.

3. Jean Paolo

Jean Paolo TS Rookie

HOw do you go to

Hot do you go to the place where you can delete some of your games in ur memory card cause i just had my Ps2 i got lots of games in my card how do u go to the place where u can delete it

4. SIRwILLETT

SIRwILLETT TS Rookie Posts: 33

easy

u just boot ur ps2 with no game in the disk tray and select ur memory card u should know what to do from there.

5. hamas123

hamas123 TS Maniac Posts: 499

how to delete corrupted data

hi i know how to delete corrupted data. put a audio cd (a cd with songs in) in the ps2 and then go to your browser and go to your memory card. now try deleting it and see if it works because i had the same problem and i deleted corrupted data by doing this.

#3 06-11-2006, 10:16 PM
    Jean Paolo
    Newcomer, in training Join Date: Jun 2006

HOw do you go to

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot do you go to the place where you can delete some of your games in ur memory card cause i just had my Ps2 i got lots of games in my card how do u go to the place where u can delete it

what SIRwILLETT doesn't work

6. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

You know you can just press the "Quote" button instead of copy/pasting all that ;)

7. hamas123

hamas123 TS Maniac Posts: 499

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.