PS2 Memory Card Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PS2 Memory card that has Guitar Hero II(2) memory stored on it, suddenly went from working to "data is corrupt" It had been working the night before, and then went I went to use it, it didn't work. Thinking I could just copy the data to my other memory card, but that didn't work. :( And I can't seem to figure out why it won't work. Does anyone know what happened to my memory card, and is there any way to fix it? My brother and I had gotten everything on Guitar Hero II and we really don't want to have to start over again. :( Any help would be very welcomed ;)

This is usually caused if the PS2 is turned off when writing to the memory card. Unfortunately your save game is probably gone forever but there should be no damage to the card itself.

Sorry men , theres no going back.

the card is ok but the Data is Gone.
you might want to check if a voltage anomaly went
in effect during the save.

yeah, you probably turned it off when it was saving some data... when the screen comes up saying "do not unplug memory card or turn off console" :p. dont worry, i've done it a couple times, burnout 3, souldcalibur 3, alot of games where u have to work really hard to get everything. and kh1 and 2.
seems like you'll have to work your but off again :D

Well I own over 30 PS2 games and I definitely encountered the same issue. All my info was on one card, then this card decides to not want to work anymore. So Basically you are going to play it all over gain.

But learn from this to back up important game data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back