PS2 Output = Monitor. How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy05

I'm not good at all with electronics.

Just wanna ask if there's a way to route my PS2's output so that it'll display on my CRT (Philips 107T) monitor and outputs sound on my Creative Inspire 2.1?

I feel that the 14" TV in my room doesn't give me the kick.

Indeed there is Eddy. I dont know if the Inspire 2.1 speaker set has RCA jacks on it, however is so, plug in the wires(white and red cables) like you normally would to your TV, to the speakers. If it doesnt have RCA inputs, get a digial optical cable, and run it from the back of your PS2, to the speakers(check www.ebworld.com >PS2>Accesories for it). Heres the link to the VGA adapter:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=219898

Enjoy

I don't know much about the PS2, but I know this: if your PS2 has RCA or mini output jacks, than it will work. The speakers should most definitely have mini inputs - and you can buy, if you don't have one, a mini to RCA cable.

This would work best with a home theater reciever :D

It would be helpful to know what kind of video outputs the PS2 has - RCA (yellow)? S-Video (like a pre-USB keyboard)? That box that agissi linked to would work, although you may be shaky about paying $50 for it...

I would prefer a monitor to a TV in a heartbeat, especially a shiny new 34" Princeton Arcadia monitor! :D

ps2 has the following output options:
A/V cable
S Video cable
Component A/V cable
Optical Digital Out
S400 i.LINK (IEEE 1394) 400Mbps non-powered
USB

Not sure what the last two will work

Look for a good VGA box eddy. That's the name for them, "VGA Box." You can easily find them for the Dreamcast and when done properly will look even better than on a television. If you get a VGA Box that is only a pass through then it won't look that great. I think a good one is supposed to be coming out soon for both the PS2 and the X-Box. I'll let you know if I run across any new info on this. I have one for the DC and it looks great!

LNCPapa

DC has offical support for VGA box, can go up to 640x480 on monitors (if i remember collectly).
PS2 doesn't offically support VGA output, so, no performance boost, or should i say no high resolution game play.

i own a Redant VGA box,
it plugs directly into your PC and to your monitor, auto NTSC/PAL select. audio in and out, and enable the YPbPr (can't see any difference...)
but it also takes one of your memory card slot for power.
and there's a line on the monitor when the VGA box is off (auto back to computer screen), it's like a bump...

they are rare on ebay(expensive, i got it for $40-50), lik sang has some other brand, don't know much about them...

that's about it...goodluck and enjoy shopping~ :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back