PS3 Toslink

EDO219

Greetings. I have been looking for 5.1 surround sound speakers that will be compatible with the Toslink (digital audio out port) on the PS3.

The Logitech X-540 seems like a fantastic choice for 5.1 surround sound under 90 bucks, yet it does not have a Toslink input.
L23-7250-call02-pact.jpg

I don't think there is a way to convert a Toslink connection to any thing else. Any advice?

While it will run you a little bit more money, i would highly recommend the Logitech Z-5500 system. yeah it is more, but I have been running mine now for over 4 years, average the cost out for how long you will end up keeping this near-perfect system, it is a hell of a deal. Just for laughs I went into the bose store to compare my system one day. Luckily they had one of their $1,500 systems on display running with xbox 360 and Forza 3, something i am very familiar with. Let me just say that the z5500's wiped the floor with the $1,500 bose system. z5500's also have A Digital Coax, Digital Toslink, AND 6.1 channel which can connect directly to those coloful motherboard inputs. direct channel cable is included with system. I am now running four different media all on this one system - Xbox, Digital TV box, Blu-ray player, & my PC. (max of three inputs at once, so chose which three are most important and switch plugs if needed.)

Back