TechSpot

PS3 Toslink

By EDO219
Sep 9, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Greetings. I have been looking for 5.1 surround sound speakers that will be compatible with the Toslink (digital audio out port) on the PS3.

The Logitech X-540 seems like a fantastic choice for 5.1 surround sound under 90 bucks, yet it does not have a Toslink input.
    [​IMG]

I don't think there is a way to convert a Toslink connection to any thing else. Any advice?
  2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

3. 00firebird

00firebird TS Rookie Posts: 24

While it will run you a little bit more money, i would highly recommend the Logitech Z-5500 system. yeah it is more, but I have been running mine now for over 4 years, average the cost out for how long you will end up keeping this near-perfect system, it is a hell of a deal. Just for laughs I went into the bose store to compare my system one day. Luckily they had one of their $1,500 systems on display running with xbox 360 and Forza 3, something i am very familiar with. Let me just say that the z5500's wiped the floor with the $1,500 bose system. z5500's also have A Digital Coax, Digital Toslink, AND 6.1 channel which can connect directly to those coloful motherboard inputs. direct channel cable is included with system. I am now running four different media all on this one system - Xbox, Digital TV box, Blu-ray player, & my PC. (max of three inputs at once, so chose which three are most important and switch plugs if needed.)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.