PSU fan stops running and I have to manually start it

batmankiller

My PSU is about 3-4 years old. I just opened my case up to clean my GFX card and then turned it on and noticed that my PSU fan isn't running. The fan is right at the bottom of the PSU so it's parallel to the ground and the fan is facing the ground. I couldn't really get a good search of the PSU online but it's a cooler master atx12V product no. RP-600 PCAR W/O PFC. It has red numbers saying 600, so I assume it's 600 watts and the fan is 12volts?

Motherboard: biostar Tforce P965
PSU: cooler master atx12V product no. RP-600 PCAR W/O PFC.

My fan isn't running when my computer is turned on and i have to take a pencil or something to manually start the spinning (while the computer is on ) Ocassionally it'll even stop moving after a while (computer still on) and i have to manually spin it again. Is this reparable? Can I get gell on the PSU fan because it seems to be a little cloggy.
How big of an issue is it that my PSU fan isn't working? It's really hot right now (environment -wise.. being summer and the PSU fan not running kinda scares me)

I would either try to replace the fan if you know what you are doing or replace the whole power supply. I wouldn't run the PC if the power supply fan isn't working. You risk burning out the PSU and when it blows it could take out other components with it.

Back