Psychedelic Colors, Bad LCD Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleventeen

Hi, My parents bought a Compaq Evo N600C (and thankfully, they never will again) a couple of months back and it worked pretty good. Well, about 2 weeks ago the LCD screen on it just seemed to go crazy. None of the colors I see are what I should be seeing. In other words, On my desktop background (Bliss) , Instead of seeing a blue sky I see a pink sky. And instead of seeing green grass I see yellow grass. Every time I see a picture it reminds me of something out of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or something. Here is a picture if you want to see. I really dont know what else to do, I reinstalled all the drivers, reinstalled windows, the usual. I also tried to adjust the RGB colors and stuff but nothing helped. This is probably just a bad LCD, but I have some hope (.01%) that it isn't. Only because, when I boot up, and see the windows logo with the blue loading bar under it, I see the colors that I should be seeing for about 1 second, then the they just turn into something else and stay like that. If you can help me, every bit will be appreciated. Thanks.

I trust your colour depth in display settings is set to something else than 8-bit?

Try installing the standard SVGA driver for your display adapter and see if things improve.

Tried to install the driver, no luck. And my color settings are at 32-bit. I think I might just take it to a repair shop to see if someone can fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back