TechSpot

Punkbuster & Call of Duty 4

By mur
May 24, 2009
  1. I have recently purchased Call of Duty Total War and Call of Duty 4 by down loading on-line. I have a Acer computer using a Net Gear for a router. I'm not very knowledgeable with computers.
    I can not get into on-line play due to Punk Buster. I have down loaded it although I continue to get thrown off. Is it due to the router Net Gear? The code comes up;pnkbstrA.exe
    Also when playing Call of Duty 4-solo; when I reach the "One shot one kill" level I can't aim or fire the sniper rifle. it says forward or backwards. I've tried the mouse BUT IT DOES NOTHING.

2. account73

account73 TS Rookie Posts: 65

Hi mur,
    What OS are you using? If Windows 7 that would be the reason why online play isnt working. I've heared that all games that are using punkbusters are kicking Winows 7 users off.
    I'l have a search around still incase this is a common error message people have been getting on other OS's

3. mur

mur TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for replying. I don't know what OS is. I have Windows Vista AM3100-U5204A , AMD/64 ATHLOW X2. I did go to PBSTR and I'm able to get into the game now.

4. account73

account73 TS Rookie Posts: 65

Windows Vista is your OS (Operating system) :)
    Glad to hear you got it working now.

5. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Glad ya got it working, PB is weird like that had similar issues like yours for no real reason. It's a crappy software and I wish a better standard would be developed that companies would adopt =\ .

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.