corsair vengeance 8gb 1600mhz ram
    GPU gigabyte gtx 760 2gb
    and I am planning to buy SSD
    my purpose of buying SSD is
    1)fast boot up
    2)better gaming performance
    3)overall fast performance of the system w.r.t hard disk
    so can I use SSD ON DZ75ML-45K mobo...?

why I asked this question is that they are telling that Z75 series express chipset motherboard does not support "INTEL SMART RESPONSE TECHNOLOGY" & this is associated w.r.t SSD caching. And the thing is that I don't knw about SSD caching and that intel smart response technology as well, what are the benefits of "INTEL SMART RESPONSE TECHNOLOGY"? or SSD caching? So plz explain me about that...?
    eagerly waiting for ur reply...:(
    plz reply...
    thanks in advance...:)

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,021   +913

You can easily pop in a SATA SSD to use as a standalone. Intel SRT is software/firmware that allows for you to set up a caching SSD. I think you should just get a SSD and use it as the primary disk (OS + games) and just put large files on the HDD.

Your CPU supports SRT according to Intel: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/mainstream-chipsets/z75-express-chipset.html.

Just a note: SSDs do not increase game performance, they really just decrease load times.

vivek viru likes this.
  3. vivek viru

vivek viru TS Rookie Topic Starter

sir what is SSD caching...? plz explain

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,021   +913

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.