Question About Free Version of Sunbelt's Kerio Firewall

By Route44
Sep 29, 2007
  1. My suscription just ran out on Sunbelt's firewall and now it is "dumbed down." Anyone run the free version and if so how good is it?
  2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Unless you're running some type of web/mail/ftp server, the free version should do well enough.

Regards :)
  3. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,012

I personally think Zone Alarm is alot better firewall.

Regards Jase :)
  4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 11,966   +70

Are you referring to the free one or the paid version? Is the latest version of ZA the system hog earlier versions were? One of the reasons I dumped ZA was because of the system slowdowns that were rediculous.
  5. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

If you don't like the way Kerio is being ran after the free trial period, then you should go with Comodo Person Firewall ( ) I personally use it and it's very good, it's like Kerio and ZoneAlarm put together without the annoying messages every 2 seconds and it doesn't use that much resources :D

Also it's very good if you run a server because you can set a rule for only your server instead of allowing all connections and stuff :D
  6. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,012

Well Zone alarm internet security suite is the best one out, and i can't complain.

I think ill give Comodo a try. :)

Regards Jase :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.