Question about front panel headers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
meanster99 posted the message about the 3 lead wires at the front of the case to the mobo. the hdd,led,s/w power. as to where they go did anyone have the answer

Hi and welcome to TechSpot!! :)

This area is only for introducing yourself, not for posting problems!!!!

Put a post in the "CPUs, Chipsets and Mobos" section and we will be happy to help!!!! :)

P.S. we will need to know what mobo you have before being able to give you an answer!!!!

read your mobo manual...

sometimes its printed on the mobo very tiny .. LED_HD , PWR_ON, RST_SW, SPK ect...

Don't worry about it! Just make a post in the right place and we will help!!!! :)

It would be an emachine wouldnt it!!! They are one of the hardest makes to find any useful info about!!!!

3xaldy

Your Right Fixing For My Daughter She Pulled The Wires Off Before I Could Stop Her Not Sure If She Is Right About How They Were On. Thanks

I cant find any info at all about wiring for your pc, but, it is possible to figure it all out!!!!
When looking at the pc standing as it is supposed to stand, the front panel connectors should connect to a header that is usually located bottom right of the mobo!!!!
The power switch connector should be labeled, you can try it on different pins until it works!!!!

Are you able to take and post a picture of it perhaps????

I had to find this out on an emachines. I just put one pin at a time in all pins at the bottom right, for each switch hit the power button, you may be withou8t a LED but at least it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back