Question About Ram For My Computer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasio-

Ok. I was going to purchase a 1 Gig stick for my computer. I have an ASUS processor (don't feel like getting specs). It takes DDR 3200. Questions: If i purchase it, how easy is it to get it installed and running on my own? Also, wheres the best place to buy it for the cheapest price. Thank you very much for your help, and also, any links to tutorials on installing ram / Hardware would help <3 :) thanks

Well I need to see some system specs such as motherboard..and did you want to add the 1 gig or replace?

Add, i already have 2x512 sticks. Is it safe to add a 1 gig with the 2 512s? =/. Specs.. AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 3200+, 2.01GHz..

He was more interested in what motherboard you have. But if you already know the speed RAM you need then its not a big deal. www.crucial.com is going to have good RAM at reasonable price, otherwise you can check out www.newegg.com and look for Corsair or OCZ both are good brands. Avoid some really cheap ones or you might have problems down the road, check out the reviews if you get from newegg.

Adding/Removing RAM is incredibly easy, there are 2 clips (one at each end) of the stick of ram, you push out and down on them and the RAM comes out. Adding a stick involves lining it up properly (there is only 1 way it will go in) and then just pushing down on it evenly until those clips snap into place, you don't actually clip it in yourself, it just snaps in when you have the RAM seated properly.

You should be able to add a 1 gig module in with the 512s if you have another slot for it. But I'd caution you to get the same brand and type of RAM if you are going to do that. Ideally you would just buy 2 1 gig modules and get rid of the 512s but I realize that costs more and suddenly you have a spare gig of RAM lying around..

Yes i totally agree with SNGX1275, but i wouldnt add the 1 gig to your 512 ram... iTs almost like confusion toy your pc and may run unstable... But you never know it may work.. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back