Questions about my new PC I am building

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning on building a brand new system, but I wanted to get your opinions because you guys are really smart and have great input and information. I am planning on putting all this stuff together:

Pentium 4, 3.0GHZ HT Prescott
Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000G ATX Intel Motherboard
2X Kingston ValueRAM 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM
ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB (already purchased for 80, good deal?)
Western Digital Caviar SE 250GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s

Anyone have any thoughts on whether this will be a good system, or should I choose different products. Also, with the processor I have chosen, what is a good, quiet heatsink, that is not a fortune? Your feedback is appreciated and I am open to new ideas. Thanks guys

That looks like a solid system you've got there. The x800Pro is definately a plus.

If you are looking for a quiet heatsink may I recommend a Zalman 92mm AlCu or a Cu fan for your P4.

In my opinion, I would buy AMD produscts rather than Intel. If you want to stay Intel then I would suggest waiting for the Conroe. However by that time, Amd will most undoubtedly come out with something even more powerful than that like thy have so far with everything Intel has thrown at them. So ya, go AMD. I would also put in a Gig of ram instead of 512, just to give that little extra breathing room.

The 2X 512 of ram meant that I would be putting (2) 512 sticks in. Is there any reason to go 1.5GB of ram, any noticeable difference? Thanks for the heatsink suggestion, looks like a good one. Also, with all that stuff listed, how big of a power supply should i get?

If you like running you settings on graphic intese games such as bf2 ect,
you should have more the 1gb of ram so it woun't lag other than that nice rig.

I have 1.5gb in my system. Not much difference in speed above 1gb, except I can load a lot more programs without page file swapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back