TechSpot

Quick Question

By mephisto_007
Mar 20, 2006
  1. My ADSL is kinda acting so slow lately and the speed I've connected is written as 128/64 from my understanding its meant DOWNLOAD SPEED is 128 and UPLOAD SPEED 64... but when I hit a complaint about my unusual slow connection, the tech guyz said 128/64 simply meant our speed range is 64 to 128 so someday I've experience slow connection because its only 64... is that right? I am confused

edit: Are there a program/software that measure the bandwith of our connection speed?

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Use a speed test server somewhere near you. Or just pick a big file on your ISPs FTP server (or something similar) and see how high the speed goes.

3. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

4. mephisto_007

mephisto_007 TS Guru Topic Starter Posts: 224

5. paranoid guy

paranoid guy TS Rookie Posts: 420

6. Peddant

Offence taken :) I think you have Firewall/connection issues.No offence.

7. paranoid guy

Nah, I disabled it when I tried to use it, just like the nice reminder told me to. God give me some credit :D However I do use Norton Internet Security so maybe I am stupid :haha:

8. Peddant

You can never kill Norton.It returns from the grave every time to block your packets and cause mayhem and carnage.Stop me if I`m overdoing it.

9. paranoid guy

Yeah, and now it wants me to renew my subscription :( Think I should dump it?
    Hah, that sounds like a good Jerry Springer show

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.