TechSpot

Quick Question

By mephisto_007
Mar 20, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My ADSL is kinda acting so slow lately and the speed I've connected is written as 128/64 from my understanding its meant DOWNLOAD SPEED is 128 and UPLOAD SPEED 64... but when I hit a complaint about my unusual slow connection, the tech guyz said 128/64 simply meant our speed range is 64 to 128 so someday I've experience slow connection because its only 64... is that right? I am confused

edit: Are there a program/software that measure the bandwith of our connection speed?
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Use a speed test server somewhere near you. Or just pick a big file on your ISPs FTP server (or something similar) and see how high the speed goes.
  3. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

4. mephisto_007

mephisto_007 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 305

5. paranoid guy

paranoid guy TS Rookie Posts: 459

6. Peddant

Offence taken :) I think you have Firewall/connection issues.No offence.
  7. paranoid guy

Nah, I disabled it when I tried to use it, just like the nice reminder told me to. God give me some credit :D However I do use Norton Internet Security so maybe I am stupid :haha:
  8. Peddant

You can never kill Norton.It returns from the grave every time to block your packets and cause mayhem and carnage.Stop me if I`m overdoing it.
  9. paranoid guy

Yeah, and now it wants me to renew my subscription :( Think I should dump it?
    Hah, that sounds like a good Jerry Springer show
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.