TechSpot

Radeon 9250, getting a blank screen when installed

By mrcrow777
Nov 29, 2005
  1. i just bought a radeon 9250, when i install it i get a blank screen, even if i connect to the old vga port. Also a beep dosent come on when i turn it on. when i remove it it works fine again. I have a P4vmm2 mainboard, with savage pro in built graphics, I've tried turing it off in bios, but i cant find where it is. Help please

2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

Have you uninstalled the drivers for the integrated video?

Boot up in safe mode, go to your device manager and uninstall.
    Shut down and install new card - attach monitor to new card
    Fire up, and system SHOULD auto detect new hardware - ask you about drivers.

If this isn't working, please post your motherboard make/model.

3. mrcrow777

mrcrow777 TS Rookie Topic Starter

same thing

The same thing happened again, after booting in safe mode and uninstalling in built graphics. My mother board is a ECS Elitegroup P4VMM2 v1.1 mainboard.

4. StoneAgeTech

StoneAgeTech TS Rookie

Same Here.

I figure I am having the same problem. Here is what's happening for me.

My computer runs fine normally.
    I just bought a new ATI Radeon 9250 256mb card, to replace my VERRY old GeForce2 MX 400.
    I am useing a "Gigabyte" Brand Motherboard, so I don't think that has anything to do with this, as mine is different to the previously stated board.

Anyway, I turn on the computer with my GeForce MX 400, and BIOS starts, and everything works perfectly. I then turn off the computer, and replace the GeForce with my new Radeon. Now, this time when I start the computer, I get no image. My monitor is on, but doesn't recieve a signal. I also get an irregular 3 PC Speaker beeps, and then nothing, but the low and quiet hums of the PC Fans.

I am using a Viewmaster Monitor, but it seems to me the problem is in the PC, not the monitor, as the entire system freaks out.

Shorthand: GeForce= Works normally. Radeon= 3 Beeps, No Image.

EDIT: Is there perhaps a setting in the BIOS that could be causing this?

EDIT AGAIN: Oh yeah. I forgot to mention. I'm useing the PCI Card, not an AGP as I don't have AGP slots. (I'm an occasional Gamer, not a Hardcore bottomless pockets one :p)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.