Radeon 9250, getting a blank screen when installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just bought a radeon 9250, when i install it i get a blank screen, even if i connect to the old vga port. Also a beep dosent come on when i turn it on. when i remove it it works fine again. I have a P4vmm2 mainboard, with savage pro in built graphics, I've tried turing it off in bios, but i cant find where it is. Help please

Have you uninstalled the drivers for the integrated video?

Boot up in safe mode, go to your device manager and uninstall.
Shut down and install new card - attach monitor to new card
Fire up, and system SHOULD auto detect new hardware - ask you about drivers.

If this isn't working, please post your motherboard make/model.

same thing

The same thing happened again, after booting in safe mode and uninstalling in built graphics. My mother board is a ECS Elitegroup P4VMM2 v1.1 mainboard.

Same Here.

I figure I am having the same problem. Here is what's happening for me.

My computer runs fine normally.
I just bought a new ATI Radeon 9250 256mb card, to replace my VERRY old GeForce2 MX 400.
I am useing a "Gigabyte" Brand Motherboard, so I don't think that has anything to do with this, as mine is different to the previously stated board.

Anyway, I turn on the computer with my GeForce MX 400, and BIOS starts, and everything works perfectly. I then turn off the computer, and replace the GeForce with my new Radeon. Now, this time when I start the computer, I get no image. My monitor is on, but doesn't recieve a signal. I also get an irregular 3 PC Speaker beeps, and then nothing, but the low and quiet hums of the PC Fans.

I am using a Viewmaster Monitor, but it seems to me the problem is in the PC, not the monitor, as the entire system freaks out.

Shorthand: GeForce= Works normally. Radeon= 3 Beeps, No Image.

EDIT: Is there perhaps a setting in the BIOS that could be causing this?

EDIT AGAIN: Oh yeah. I forgot to mention. I'm useing the PCI Card, not an AGP as I don't have AGP slots. (I'm an occasional Gamer, not a Hardcore bottomless pockets one :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back