Radeon 9250 installation problems with windows xp service pack 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello

Hi, I have a diamond radeon 9250 pci graphic card(s9250pci256b). I can't install the driver from the cd or the installation driver I get from online, because when ever I connect the video card to the computer and restart, it automatically install the driver for it. Then even though I install driver came with the cd(or the installation file get from ati.com), the video card wouldn't work. This problem happens only on computers that has windows xp service pack 2 on it. could you tell me a way I can install the driver for this video card. I try disabling auto installation as well, but it still didn't work because I can't install any driver with that setting on. I can't uninstall service pack 2, since my installation cd came service pack 2 combined with win xp. Thanks.

Thanks a lot for the reply. but that didn't work. I have tried doing that many times. The problem is I can't install the driver for Radeon 9250, unless I have it connected to my computer. If I connect the video card and restart the computer, (as soon as it restarted) windows going to figure out its Radeon 9250 and install the driver(this happens after service pack 2, before that windows xp didn't figure out the video card). after windows install the driver for this video card automatically, no matter if I install the driver from the web link you gave or if I install it with the cd, it wouldn't work. screen simply go blank when the computer starts again. Please let me know if you know any other ways. I can't uninstall service pack 2 that came with windows xp because it was combined. Thank you

Thanks. but you wasn't getting that right. I was just giving you a point about how it works, if you would come up with a solution of installing a driver without the hardware.

I have done installing the video card first, then restart the computer to install the driver. but as soon as i restart, the operating system going to install the drive by it self. then, even thought i install the driver from the cd or the web link you gave me it wouldn't work. but this doesn't happen if i install it before service pack 2. then every thing works fine and after i installing the driver, i can update the windows xp to service pack 2. please let me know if any one know about this. Thank you.

it should allow u to update the driver windows installs. Windows XP spII or any other operating system will do that.

Yeah, it let me update it. When restart, I will see the bios page, and it will take me to windows xp starting up page, after that the screen goes black and moniter turned off. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back