Radeon 9600 xt PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am having a problem with my Radeon 9600 xt graphics card. I have had it for about a year and it has been working fine untill recently. A while back I started to hear a weird noise coming from my computer while it was running. I tried to figure out where the noise was coming from but could never exactly put my finger on it. A few days later it stopped and my computer continued to run normal for about a month. Then one day I tried running my game, it played for about 5-10 minutes and then my whole computer just shut down with out any warning. I tried several times more playing games and my computer would continue to act the same. This only happened when I played games that required some sort of graphics, not in regular computer use though. I finally figured out that my fan for my graphics card was no longer spinning and probaly was the reason my computer was making a noise. I took out my graphics card and found the fan covered in dust, I cleaned it with a compressed air can and it still does not work. I want to try taking the fan off to see if there is any dust underneath it cause when I turn the fan with my finger, there is some resistance but there are plastic bindings holding the fan to the card. So my real question is, how do I take my fan off of the card and is there anyway I can put it back on afterwards? Should I just take off my old fan and buy a new one? Additionally, is it logical to think that my fan is the problem or could there be something else messed up? It would really help me to get a anwser, I NEED GAMES! :)

Thanks for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back