Radeon 9600pro

By snowman
Jan 17, 2004
  1. what are the best drivers for this card? or should i just stick with the ones that came on the install cd?
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

I am running the Catalyst 3.10's on three different radeon cards 9500 Pro, 9800 Non Pro, and 9800 Pro and they are working well.
  3. Shiney

Shiney TS Booster Posts: 157

The best drivers for the card are the ones that work for you.
    Certain chipsets-configurations can have varied effects on drivers, so find one that works for you.

I had problems with all drivers after 4.6 but i must admit the latest 3.10 seems to be stable.
  4. Reload

Reload TS Rookie

I just go to ATi web site and download the latest drivers for my operating system. I never had any problems with the drivers from ATi ALL-In Wonder 9600 Pro using Windows 2000 Pro!

Good Luck!
  5. snowman

snowman TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 183

i have a nvidia card now. and before i put the ati card in im going to need to remove the nvidia display drivers, but they are not listed in my add/remove programs list. only the nforce drivers are. should i just remove them and install them after the ati drivers?
  6. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

You'll have to use a third party program to get rid of the old detonators....
    Detonator Destroyer is one such, which seems to be recommended quite often...
    I haven't tried it myself, since I've never had a nVidia based card...

(You can also get the det-destroyers here...

After running that, restart, install a standard VGA adapter. Restart and install ATI drivers...

That way there shouldnt' be any truoble at all :)

Good Luck
  7. snowman

where do i find drivers for that?
  8. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

They're a standard part of your operating system.......they're the base default drivers when the o/s can't find any others. Force it to VGA and then follow Mr. G's lead.
  9. mfm1200

mfm1200 TS Rookie Posts: 21

ati 9700 aiw

i am using ati's all in wonder 9700pro.
    my system is win xp pro.
    the catalyst i am using is ver3.1 but i see there is a version 4 available.
    the system is working ok after i re-installed win xp.
    should i update to the version 4,
    i have had trouble with the program in the past whenever i uninstall some programs
    ,eg nero5.
    thx mfm
  10. snowman

if it works fine with the ones you have then i wouldnt update.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.