Radeon 9800 Pro vs AIW 9800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtR-X

Hey, here's a simple question. Though.. I don't know the answer clearly, could someone clear this up?

The ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB is almost exactly the same price as the ATI All-In-Wonder (AIW) 9800 Pro 128MB and I'm wondering why. (Edit, BTW, both are manufactured by ATI and both are retail, non-OEM)

Does the regular 9800pro have advantages over AIW? and vice versa?

Are there no differences at all besides the fact that the AIW comes with a bunch of cool features and stuff including a remote?

Will order tomorrow, input GREATLY appreciated.

the clock speeds are the same as the 9800pro. i compared the size of my AIW 9800pro versus my friend's radeon 9800pro and my AIW is slightly smaller. his 9800pro also has ramsinks whereas my AIW does not (i am not sure if all radeon 9800pros have ramsink or not). anyhow, my AIW runs games the same as my friend's radeon.

if there is not that much of a price difference and you are willing to spend a bit more, i would get the AIW because it's pretty much the same as the radeon, except with all the goodies.

note: i am sort of bias because i do own an AIW. ;)

The AIW 9800 Pro is the one to get, as it has a TV tuner built-in, so you can record live television and pause it to answer the phone. Top card in fact, and identical to the 9800 Pro, bar the extra features. Just don't overclock this one unless you really feel the need. Its plenty fast as it is :=).

I can't say much about the 9800, but I own the original AIW, and it is a very nice card. All the extra features are well worth getting. Mine still plays games at a decent rate, of course nothing like a new card, but I thoroughly like it.

The one thing that I especially like about it is that you can input anything with RCA or s-video to it and record that way as well.

Alright thx guys.

Also, just a note of value:

Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (Built by ATI) $364

AIW Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (Built by ATI) $372

Basically 8 dollars for a load of extra stuff... thats more than what the remote costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back