Radeon x1900xtx driver error

Hi all frist, sorry for my spelling, i'm talking french.

Ok here is my problem the best i can describe it. My friend gave me a Radeon x1900xtx but he didnt have the drivers CD, so i downloaded it for windows XP (since it is my the windows i use) and i have an error saying that the drivers is not compatible with the windows logo.

any solution?

i have an error saying that the drivers is not compatible with the windows logo.
Windows XP allows you to install both signed and unsigned drivers (unsigned drivers are drivers that haven't passed the "compatible with Windows logo" test)

When you see the message, is Windows actually stopping the drivers from being installed? Or does it give you the option to click Continue to complete the install? Just click Continue to let the driver install complete

Note: you can set your Driver Signing policy to Warn so you will be prompted and then you can hit Continue

Rt click My Computer->Properties, click Hardware tab, click Driver Signing button
> Check Warn
> Check Make this action system default
> Click OK and close the windows

It's common to install unsigned drivers in XP. Click OK if you know the source of the driver (as you do in this case)

thanks for the fast reply, i did install it, another problem accured, this video card have the open GL, since i'm working with photoshop cs5 for the 3D fonction i need it to be active, but it dosnt.

What driver version did you install? For that older card you should have installed Catalyst 9.3 or older.

what i have as info in the version space is 2010.0210.42455 and the file name i downloaded is 10-2_legacy_xp32-64_dd_ccc if that can help.

Back