Radeon X850 Pro V.S. Radeon X1650 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minime88

I'm a n00b with graphic cards and I would like to know this... I currently have a Radeon X850 Pro graphics card, it's AGP. Is upgrading to Radeon X1650 Pro 512MB worth it? Is the card better overall than the X850? I've found some on eBay and they are dirt cheap, too cheap which is getting me wondering as to why they are? Are they worse than the X850's?

Thanks.

Another question... My computer has DDR memmory.. the graphics card I am getting has DDR2 SDRAM.. is this OK?

The X850 is faster. I does not matter what kind of memory your computer uses the video card's memory can be different.

The x850 pro doesn't have shader model 3.0 but I don't think that's a big deal certainly not worth the upgrade. The 512mb on the x1650 isn't going to help any as 256mb is plenty for a card it's speed--your not going to play at 1600x1200 with it any way. A x1900 or 7800gs would be more of an upgrade.

I to have a Radeon X850 Pro AGP card, I found it to only be about 5-10 frames different then my friends Geforce 7800 PCIe.

However not being shader model 3 drives me nuts they used shader model 2 even though Nvidia started using it in the Geforce 6's ATI is slow to jump on the band wagon or something

However if you move up, you will lose VIVO (Which I think is awsome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back