TechSpot

RadioShack's No Contract Wireless launch tomorrow, phones detailed

By Shawn Knight
Sep 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Chalk up another win for the rumor mill as RadioShack has officially announced that their No Contract Wireless service will launch tomorrow. There aren't a ton of surprises here as early information was mostly spot-on but we now know that...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,197   +751

Is it possible to take a phone from a major carrier and use it with Cricket? When my contract is up could I take my phone from Sprint (or Verizon etc) and walk into a radio shack and sign up? Their monthly prices look awesome, but I don't really want to have to buy a phone worse than the one I have.

3. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

@Mike
    Normally no. However, the carriers do allow it sometimes. The best bet is to call Cricket and see if they will allow it.
    The thing I like about the RadioShack phones is the Muve Music. Unlimited music downloads AND IT DOESNT COUNT AGAINST YOUR DATA!!!! I got to play with the Ice phone and its pretty fast. The only draw back which isnt a drawback for me is the Memory card for the Muve Music. You can only store that music on the SD card they give you. You cant use any other SD card. But you can store some 6k songs on the card they give you so I dont really mind.

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,525   +338

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.