Raid Problem with new MoBo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesablo

hey, i just installed a new mobo that was almost identical to my old one, (gigabyte) and everything is working EXCEPT my Sata HD.....there is a msg that comes up everytime i bootup windows that says "NVRAID.SYS on SRCDATA needed"..... i dont know what this means, but it seems this may be why my drive isnt working - it's detected in device manager and all that, btw, so i dunno....any help/suggestions??? would be greatly appreciated!1

thanks,
~wes

where does that message come up?

If its detected in device settings, you could try looking in control panel > administrator tools > computer management the under manage drives you should see the drive in there and its current status - if its showing in device manager it may just be that the drive is not formatted and thats why it doesnt show in my computer.

the msg comes up right when windows opens after the startup jingle goes, just as most of my startup programs are loading

when you say drive isn't formatted, do you mean that it just hasnt been given a specific letter or spot? because im hoping that i dont have to REformat this drive - it isnt my main OS HD either, btw

ps - i checked under administrative tools and HD management and my SATA HD is not being recognized there either

windows was alrdy installed in my system on my OLD MoBo, so I havent done anything with my windows xp disc yet because it seemed to be working fine besides this annoyance - if the disc would help in some way, could you explain how? (sry, im a nub when it comes to this)

If its not showing up in computer management, i think you need to check the bios settings regarding hard drives and ata/sata configuration then post back, it is most likely a problem there.

Ya, I found out that I had it set as a RAID drive, but its not RAID - so now its all good, i formatted a new drive and did a fresh install of xp, so **** is running nice!

ps - thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back