Ram and Dual SLI Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently rebuilt my computer and everything is working fine except my ram.

CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

It is only reading one of the sticks. It is also reading it at 800mhz, or whatever.
Can someone help me fix this problem thanks.

I also have 2x 8600 gt video cards. I have an SLI bridge. How do I run dual SLI with them? Do i need a program or something?

Thanks in advanced.

Could you give your full specs- motherboard, cpu, everything? About the SLI, you enable it in windows with the Nvidia Control Panel. If you have all the drivers installed, there should be an option to enable SLI.

Update your nvidia drivers to latest version. Also depending on your motherboard it may only support up to 800mhz or you may have to manually set it in bios if you want higher.

If its only reading one of the sticks then one may be faulty, switch them out to be sure.

Also post your specs as previously asked.

GIGABYTE GA-MA780G-UD3H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Quad-Core Processor Model HD960ZWCGDBOX

Thanks for the help guys

You cannot run SLI since your motherboard does not support it. As for the RAM, you probably need to manually set the Vdimm so you can run them at 1066MHz.

You cannot run SLI since your motherboard does not support it. As for the RAM, you probably need to manually set the Vdimm so you can run them at 1066MHz.

How does it not support it when on new egg the description was it did. It was sli certified to.

How do i manually set the Vdimm?

You need to go into the bios settings to set the vdimm speeds.

*sli by itself means "two cards." So no need for the "dual" with it*

Amd socket motherboards suport nvidia based south bridge? You could have fooled me.

8600 GT is roughly equivalent to the HD4550, the 4550 actually beating it by a small margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back