RAM and Motherboard compability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I intend to use the following hardware:
POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Memory 650W TX SERIES ATX
CASE: CoolerMaster Centurion 5 Black/Silver Case
PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz 6M Cache S775 1333MHZ
GRAPHICS: Sapphire technology Radeon HD 4850 512MB PCIE DDR3 DUAL DVI 625/993MHz
RAM: OCZ Technology 2x1GB 240DIMM PC2-9200 Reaper.
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4

My main concern is that the ram may not be compatible. If so do I need to buy different ram? The socket on the motherboard is ddr2 sdram and is the same for the ram. However it says the "Supported RAM Speed is PC2-6400 , PC2-8500 , PC2-5300 , PC2-9600 " but the ram is pc2-9200.

I want the build to be as plug and play as possible so don't want to have to change any settings or 'flash' any bios because I don't know much about that. I have been advised that the motherboard should have the right stuff on it to support the processor right away.

Can you recommend some good quality ram for this build and can you see anything tweaking that I will need to do before to make this work. I already have all the components except for the motherboard and processor which I am buying soon. I may need to send the ram back if I have made a mistake.

Thanks in advance for any help.:)

I have chosen one from the 1066 section of the list you linked to. I found it on dabs.
LINK: dabs.com/products/corsair-memory-cm2x1024---6400-1gb-xms2-6400-240pin-dimm-cas5-3RZJ.html?q=CM2X1024
do you think this will work straight away? or would you recomment something else.
Thanks
Jack

Your ram will be just fine as long as its a good brand new like Crucial or OCZ,

Throw OCZ on it guaranteed to work for you.. gl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back