RAM BIOS settings

Hello,
I just replaced my 2GB OCZ ddr2 pc6400 800Mhz dual because it was faulty and they gave me the exact same type , but Muskin.
After booting the PC I checked CPU-Z and I saw that my memory runs at 266Mhz and that I could make it run at 400Mhz if I change some settings from BIOS. So I changed the frequency , the latency ,tRCD, tRP , tRAS , tRC το 5,5,5,15,23 and the voltage to 1.8V. After rebooting cpu-z says that now my RAM runs at 222.2Mhz.
Can anyone help me? How can it ran lower that before even if I did change the timings?
The flexibility option should be enabled or disabled ( default)
I attach the 3 images.

mytimes.jpg

should be.jpg

after.jpg

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1
  • mytimes.jpg
    mytimes.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 0
  • should be.jpg
    should be.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 0
What is the make and model of your Motherboard? What is the model number for your RAM?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but what you have done with the settings is you have increase the time it takes for the RAM to process information, which slowed the RAM down. Whenever you adjust the RAM timing settings, you want the numbers to be lower. The Lower the numbers, the faster the RAM will be. Sometimes when you Overclock the RAM you have to make the Timings slower (higher numbers) in order to make sure that the RAM stays stable, but that should not be an issue for this case.

See this link for a better understanding of RAM Timings. It is a slightly longer post, but does explain better on what you should be doing with adjusting RAM settings.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/understanding-ram-timings/

Motherboard model is asrock Penryn 1600SLI-110Db. And the RAM is

RAM MUSHKIN 996758 2GB (2X1GB) DDR2 800MHZ PC2-6400 DUAL KIT SILVERLINE SERIES

I thought that what SPD tab in CPU-Z means is that in order to obtain a certain frequency you have to implement the following timings in BIOS. If the lower timings means higher frequency shouldn’t under 266Mhz be the timings for 400Mhz and vice-versa?

I will read the article. Thanks

Back