RAM Compatibility with M/B

By jarulezz
Aug 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,074   +1,182

ASUS P7P55D-E PRO
    Looking at the motherboard specs, I'd say you were good to go.
    JC713 likes this.
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,114   +732

Like Clifford said, the memory is fine. As for the CPU cooler, I personally like CM to Enermax. If I were you, I would go with the Hyper 212 Evo.
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  3. jarulezz

jarulezz TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 62

Nice, thanks for the answers. The Hyper 212 Evo does look more interesting, but it says its for LGA 1366/1155 sockets, but I have an LGA 1156. Will it still work?

EDIT: ahh nevermind, I just read it works with LGA 1156 too. Thanks guys!
  4. JC713

Yeah, it works. Good luck :D.
  5. jarulezz

jarulezz TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 62

Deliveries took a while and been busy sorting out stuff for uni + work, but finally finished my built topping it off with a 1TB HDD last week :) Works like a charm and so much quicker comparing to my old system!

Memory is fine now, but becuase these are 1.35V ram sticks, I had to boot up with only 1 ram stick, change BIOS to XMP and then reboot with both ram sticks installed. Otherwise, I was getting no POST beep and no display.

The CM Hyper 212 Evo works nicely and keeps my CPU ~30*C idle and 55*C stress (LinX program), which is perfect :D

It also turned out that I had to buy a new chassis, as my old one would have given me issues with motherboard installation + cable management, so I got the Corsair Carbide 300R.

Thank you for your input.. and here's a cheeky look into my new system :D

[​IMG]

And a close up look at the CPU cooler + ram:
    [​IMG]
  6. JC713

Great to hear man!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.