RAM Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

truflip

I think a new section for RAM would be a goood idea as RAM are becoming a popular topic when it comes to system errors and such

why cant RAM have its own? Afterall, the CPU, chipsets and Mobos are MAINLY CPUs. im not saying that it sucks or anything.. what sucks is having to dig through piles of CPU and non RAM related threads, just to find the right ram thread ur lookin for.. n yes, Search function helps narrow the threads down BUT it can be more specific is theres a separate ram section.

And most 'problems with RAM' threads or even those where the cause isn't known can be solved by a session of Memtest86 and if necessary a quick upgrade. If there was a section on Ram, the responses would mostly be that. A bit counterproductive if you ask me, alot of bandwidth/space usage for what is basicly one answer

yarr.. i guess so.. well, maybe later we'll have a ram section when the CPU/MOBO section gets waaaaaaaay too big and overcrowded with ram stuff.. just MAYBE

see you guys around! =D

well ask them there computer manufacturer, find out system make model, determine if its desktop/laptop/

SO-DIMM type of ram is for laptops
DIMM type of ram is for desktops

Most types of ram will work on all mobos, so dont panic, and yes i agree that a ram section could be nesscerary

A little bit too optimistic there sw123 :)

There's also short and long SIMM RAM modules housing EDO and FPM chips.. Not to mention that in addition to the module form factors we also have RAM types like SDRAM/RDRAM/DDRAM that are totally incompatible, even though they all sit on DIMM modules. And then there's RAM speeds..

Overall a RAM section alone is not needed for now... as you have said before those topics do well on the CPU/Mobos section.

I'd have to agree. There are many questions about RAM. overlcoking RAM, types of RAM, etc....

All of which are also related to your motherboard and cpu....
Ok, types of ram could be non-related, but then as a purely historic/technical overview of types of RAM, which could be summed up in a couple of posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back