TechSpot

Ran across some curious "Hotmail" numbers

By abecedarian
Sep 2, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. There doesn't seem to be a better other forum for this, even though it relates to the internet, so I'll resort to here. I had a typo and accidentally was directed to a page that listed four toll-free telephone numbers for Hotmail:
    800-xxx-xxxx
    877-xxx-xxxx
    877-xxx-xxxx
    855-xxx-xxxx
    That's odd, I thought, because in general MSN/Hotmail tries to hide from customers, not talk to them. So I tried calling. At least two of the nubmers seem to be the same company, and at least three of the numbers seem to be outside the U.S. And none of them are at Hotmail offices. They seem to be some kind of random funnel for tech support, but refused to give me any information, such as about their charges or expertise. Why would someone want to call an unknown secretive overseas company for tech support?

Moderator note: Numbers altered. We don't want to publish questionable telephone numbers.

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,406   +240

Not necessarily an answer, but msn/hotmail is AKA outlook dot com now.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.