Random Blue Screens

Jake91

Hi
I desperately need help,
I bought a new gaming computer about 2 years ago, It used to get a blue screen like once a month maybe just randomly, Then at about October last year it started getting really bad sometimes I could go a whole day on the computer with only 1, Sometimes I'll get 3-6 in 1 day, And it seems to happen alotttttt when I play WoW or Dota2, It's even happened sometimes when im just sitting there scrolling through itunes, It's incredibly incrediblyyyyy frustrating and I've run defrags disk checks, Checked all my drivers are up to date, even bought a new gfx card because I thought it was the crossfire from the 2 old ones I had, No prevail....

I tried uploading my minidumps but for some reason my pc wont recognize dmp files in the upload menu, So I had to manually upload them.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/6EPNBG4ZMuaWI+heikdWUYG+sRvsV1Vj
These are 4 of my most recent dumps, I can't even begin to understand why it's happening I really just want to rip it off my desk and jump on it. I'm incredibly frustrated , Please help

Make sure all of your internal components are properly seated and connected.
I'd thought I'd just put this here, I'll come back when I'm not in a rush to look at the dmps.

Make sure all of your internal components are properly seated and connected.
I'd thought I'd just put this here, I'll come back when I'm not in a rush to look at the dmps.
Hey man, I pulled my computer out today and pulled all the ram sticks, gfx card out and air compressored the entire case out soooo much dust came out, Made sure all the ram fins were clean and everything else, Yeah If someone could take a look at the dumps that would be awesome!

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files, right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files, right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

I tried that my computer just wont let me because the files in that folder are protected or something. Anyway I've already uploadedthe individual ones in the first post

I have to go though too much trying to download them, so there is no reading them

Lol what? You literally click 2 things and they download
Everytime I try archive them into a winrar folder it just denys me...Someone help would be great

Last edited:
Okay, it looks like your ATI video driver or the video card is causing this instability. Make sure the video card and the computer is clean and free from dust and dirt. Do you have any yellow (!) in the device manager?

lsdfsdfsd
Okay, it looks like your ATI video driver or the video card is causing this instability. Make sure the video card and the computer is clean and free from dust and dirt. Do you have any yellow (!) in the device manager?
Hey man, Well basically I used to have 2 old ATI gfx cards running crossfire, then the blue screens started getting worse so a couple weeks ago I bought a new more up to date expensive card , And installed the new software which came with the disc which was basically the same catalyst control centre as the old one. Under device manager it seems to be fine, no yellow !, Driver seems to be up to date, and it says This device is working properly.

This could be a power supply issue. Crossfire configurations draw a lot of current and over time the power supply can degrade

"installed the new software which came with the disc"... Never use video drivers from the supplied disc... These drivers can be well over a year old. So you have a new video card installed with an old video card? I don't work with crossfire so I don't know if 2 individual drivers are allowed for 2 different model video cards

"installed the new software which came with the disc"... Never use video drivers from the supplied disc... These drivers can be well over a year old. So you have a new video card installed with an old video card? I don't work with crossfire so I don't know if 2 individual drivers are allowed for 2 different model video cards

No both the old cards came out which were HD5700's, Replaced with a brand new single HD7800 , I had also thought that to but when I checked the website it said the current driver I have installed is the latest one aswell.

Those minidumps are from the last 4 days, Sometimes I get no blue screens, sometimes 1 a day, up to 3-4-5 a day

Okay you still have an ATI driver or card issue

Well today I reinstalled the newest driver from the website again for the sake of it to see if it fixes the problem, If I blue screen again what would you recommend? Unninstall all display drivers run in safe mode and reinstall?

"Unninstall all display drivers run in safe mode and reinstall?... This is a good idea. Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

"Unninstall all display drivers run in safe mode and reinstall?... This is a good idea. Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?
No yellow !'s in device manager on anything. I'll try that today and see how I go and report results back.

Also to add, Sometimes the blue screen doesn't even give me an error message , It just blue screens and has the usual instruction crap. But doesn't give me the for example BLABLABLA_BLABLA_Exception

Back